QLatvia is the Hadamard of the entangled QCousins. We, as QLatvia, are taking active roles in all QWorld channels. We implemented QDrive project by driving more than 10.000 km across Europe and organized 11 workshops in 8 different countries with 209 handed out diplomas. In total, we have organized 17 two or three-day long Workshop/Bronze by November 3, 2019.
In the world, we organized (i) with RigaTechGirls probably the first women-exclusive (public) workshop on quantum computing (November 10-11, 2018, Riga, Latvia) and (ii) probably the first workshop on quantum programming for high school students (December 1-2, 2018, Riga, Latvia). Each was two days long. Up to date, our youngest diploma awarded participant of a workshop is a 14 years-old girl.
QLatvia[*] joins QWorld as QLatviaSoftware, a group organized by Dr. Abuzer Yakaryilmaz. More details about our activities can be found on our website: https://qsoftware.lu.lv.
- Dr. Abuzer Yakaryilmaz (QEducator, QDrive leader, QMentor)
- Dr. Maksims Dimitriejvs (QEducator, QAdministrator, QDriver, QMentor, QMentor Trainer)
Contact: qlatvia [at] qworld.lu.lv
QDesigner: Agnieszka Wolska (QDriver)
- Aleksejs Naumovs (QDriver, QMentor)
- Anastasija Trizna (QMentor, in training to be a QEducator)
- Krista Petersone (QMentor, in training to be a QEducator)
- Viktorija Leimane (QMentor, in training to be a QEducator)
- Laine Strankale (QMentor, in training to be a QEducator)
- Martins Kalis (QMentor, Administrator of Jupyter server)
In training to be a QMentor: Rumeysa Savran and Daniels Buls
Supporting: Jeļena Poļakova (PR of our faculty)
Our former members are Matīss Apinis, Andis Draguns, and Maksims Ivanovs (PR of QDrive project, Feb-Apr 2019).
[*] QLatvia refer to the Center for Quantum Computer Science directed by Professor Andris Ambainis at the Faculty of Computing, University of Latvia. The center has more than 20 members, formed by faculty members, postdoc researchers, graduate and undergrad students, and occasionally high school students.