QIntern 2020 was successfully completed!
We are happy to announce that we organized our first QIntern program during July-August 2020! This pilot program of QWorld ran for seven weeks, during which the participants, including students, worked with more experienced researchers and quantum technology enthusiasts.
At the end of the event, the interns from over thirteen projects had the opportunity to present their works. The projects focused on various fields of quantum computer science, including quantum machine learning and quantum optimization. The interns did research on quantum computing with implementation on real devices, developed new educational materials, designed and implemented new software, and did educational research on quantum programming.
At the end of QIntern 2020, the jury evaluated projects as well as presentations of the results and awarded prizes in two categories.
For the best project:
– the first place goes to the projects QFA Implementation and Quantum Byzantine Agreement,
– the second place goes to the projects QML and Edge AI and QML Notebooks,
– the third place goes to the projects Assessing the Effectiveness of Bronze and Solid State QCircuit.
For the best presentation:
– the first place goes to the projects QML and Edge AI and QML Notebooks,
– the second place goes to the projects QFA Implementation and Quantum Byzantine Agreement,
– the third place goes to the project OpenBlochSphere.
The QIntern 2020