The idea behind “being cousins” is to create active groups on a global scale willing to popularize quantum technologies and to involve more people to the field by working locally and/or internationally (e.g., by organizing workshops, courses, preparing educational materials). The groups should support and encourage each other, even though they may operate only locally.
We have five keywords:
- Global (engaging every country)
- Cooperation (by acting together we can achieve more)
- Openness (our main aim is to have open access and public global ecosystem for quantum technologies so that each interested hardworking individual, group, institute, or region can be easily part of the ecosystem).
- Diversity (i.e., engaging more women and, more generally, people from disadvantaged or underrepresented groups)
- Juniors (engaging young generations, e.g., starting from high schools)
QCousin network coordinators
Current coordinators (2019 and 2020):
Maksims Dimitrijevs, Paweł Gora, and Zoltán Zimborás
E-mail contact: qcousins [at]qworld.lu.lv
If you would like to form a new QCousin, please follow the Guidelines for QCousins.
Please ensure that you accept all the rules and feel free to contact us (qcousins [at] qworld.lu.lv) to start the application process.